Inge van Grinsven is a 19 year old harpist who studies harp with Erika Waardenburg and Gwyneth Wentink at the conservatory of Amsterdam.
Inge started her harp study at the age of 9 at the harpschool of Inge Frimout-Hei.
From the age of 14 until 17 she studied harp with Ernestine Stoop at the Young Musicians Academy of the conservatory of Tilburg.
She has followed masterclasses by Remy van Kesteren, Manja Smits, Mirjam Schröder, Sasha Boldachev, Milda Agazarian, Judy Loman, Sylvain Blassel, Creighton Griffiths, Nicoletta Sanzin and Emmanuel Ceysson.
In many national and international competitions she has participated. She achieved the following results:
- Archipel Music Contest: 2017 (first prize)
- Royal Concert Hall Contest: 2015 (semifinals)
- O’Carolan Harp Festival in Ireland: 2016 (3rd prize)
- Prinsess Christina Contest: 2017 (2nd prize), 2018 (encouragement prize), 2020 (2nd prize with harpduo)
- Students Soloist competition of Brabant together with ‘Orkest Zuid’: 2017 (2nd prize)
- International Harp Competition in Porto, Portugal: 2017 (2nd prize)
Inge is laureate of Classic Young Masters 2017 and received the Sinfonia Rotterdam Award: a performance as a soloist together with Sinfonia Rotterdam with the Danse sacrée et danse profane from Debussy in the ‘Wereldmuseum’ in Rotterdam.
In 2019 she won the AMPA Willem Twee talentaward.
She has performed in the Concert hall Amsterdam, the Doelen in Rotterdam, the Frits Philips Music Center in Eindhoven, during ‘het Grachtenfestival’ Amsterdam, the Delft Chamber Music festival, the Bachfestival in Dordrecht and on NPO Radio 4. Together with Royal male choir La Bonne Esperance she has given Christmas concerts in December 2017. In the summer of 2018 she went on tour with the JeugdOrkest Nederland in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands for two weeks.
Inge enjoys performing with her harp where she likes to show the versatility of the instrument.